Which specialist consultations are needed for the treatment of rib fracture?

Updated: Jun 13, 2017
  • Author: Sarah L Melendez, MD; Chief Editor: Trevor John Mills, MD, MPH  more...
  • Print

Because of the close association of rib fractures with injury to underlying structures, the ED physician may need to consult the trauma service.

Pain management specialists can be helpful for admitted patients.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!