Which specialist consultations are beneficial for pediatric foreign body ingestion?

Updated: Oct 04, 2018
  • Author: Gregory P Conners, MD, MPH, MBA, FAAP, FACEP; Chief Editor: Dale W Steele, MD, MS  more...
  • Print

See the list below:

  • The treatment of children with known GI tract disorders should be discussed with a physician familiar with the child whenever possible.

  • Experienced personnel, such as a pediatric surgeon, otolaryngologist, or gastroenterologist, should perform endoscopy.

  • Psychiatric consultation is indicated for those with a suspected or confirmed associated psychiatric problem.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!