Which specialists should be consulted for the treatment of Legionnaires disease?

Updated: Mar 11, 2021
  • Author: Chinelo N Animalu, MD, MPH; Chief Editor: Michael Stuart Bronze, MD  more...
  • Print

Consultation with a pulmonologist or infectious disease specialist is strongly recommended in cases of LD. Because of the protean presentation of this disease, however, consultations with other specialists, including the following, may be required at one time or another:

  • General internist

  • Critical care specialist

  • Cardiologist

  • Gastroenterologist

  • Neurologist

  • Nephrologist

  • Oncologist

  • General surgeon

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!