Which specialist consultations are needed for the treatment of fever of unknown origin (FUO)?

Updated: May 17, 2021
  • Author: Sandra G Gompf, MD, FACP, FIDSA; Chief Editor: Michael Stuart Bronze, MD  more...
  • Print

Appropriate consultations are indicated based on patient history, physical examination, laboratory data, and radiologic findings. Consultations include the following:

  • Infectious disease specialist
  • Hematologist/oncologist
  • Rheumatologist
  • Pulmonologist
  • Gastroenterologist
  • Endocrinologist
  • Interventional radiologist
  • Surgeon

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!