Which specialist consultations may be warranted for ischemic stroke?

Updated: May 27, 2020
  • Author: Edward C Jauch, MD, MS, FAHA, FACEP; Chief Editor: Helmi L Lutsep, MD  more...
  • Print

Consultation of cardiology, vascular surgery, or neurosurgery may be warranted based on the results of carotid duplex scanning , neuroimaging, transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography, and clinical course. During hospitalization, additional useful consultations include the following:

  • Home health care coordinator

  • Rehabilitation coordinator

  • Social worker

  • Psychiatrist (commonly for depression)

  • Dietitian

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!