Which specialist consultations are beneficial to patients with esophagitis?

Updated: May 28, 2020
  • Author: Deepika Devuni, MD; Chief Editor: BS Anand, MD  more...
  • Print

Consult a gastroenterologist to facilitate the diagnosis and treatment. A gastroenterologist should also be consulted for cases involving moderate-to-severe bleeding, perforation, or suspected obstruction. Consulting an infectious disease specialist may be necessary in difficult cases. A surgical consultation may be necessary for perforation and fistulas. Other consultations may be sought as indicated.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!