Which specialist consultations are beneficial for patients with urticarial vasculitis?

Updated: Sep 16, 2020
  • Author: Darius Mehregan, MD; Chief Editor: Dirk M Elston, MD  more...
  • Print

Consultation with the following specialists may be needed:

  • Dermatologist: Skin biopsy is evaluated by a dermatologist/dermatopathologist to confirm the diagnosis.

  • Rheumatologist: Consult a rheumatologist when SLE is suspected or if the patient has the hypocomplementemic variant with systemic symptoms.

  • Allergist/immunologist

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!